Surface Finishing Technician – Allegheny Surface Technology (Lewis Run, PA)
- Documentation – properly record information and parameters on timesheets and travelers
- Hand and Power Tools – safe and effective use of tools to complete job duties
- Chemical transfer – safely transfer and label large amounts of processing solutions between production and storage containers
- Pre-process inspection – to ensure part is free of damage and all preceding operations have been completed
- In-tank passivation – batch parts are pickle passivated in a basket to ensure all organics are removed prior to Electropolishing. Will be using citric, nitric or HF acid to produce a passive layer and remove any contaminates
- Post-processing inspection – inspects part to ensure operations were completed successfully, finish meets benchmark criteria, and part is ready for subsequent operations
- Confined space entry – will perform some duties while in a confined space
- Electropolishing – properly fixture part to achieve maximum current density to avoid excess heat and burns
- Mechanical polishing – polish, remove or blend marks or light gassing, scratches, nicks, or burns
- High school diploma or GED. Technical schooling background preferred
- Ability to read and interpret English documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend, push and pull
This is a full-time, first shift, hourly position, with excellent benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants meeting the criteria above must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening, possible pre-employment testing, interview, and background investigation in order to qualify for full-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants meeting the criteria above must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening, possible pre-employment assessments, interview, and background investigation in order to qualify for full-time.
Allegheny Surface Technology
14 Egbert Lane
Lewis Run, PA 16738
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
Phone : 814-362-2590
Fax : 814-362-4674
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org